Rules, Requirements, Packing list
If this is your first visit, please keep in mind that we are located in high altitude wilderness with large boulders, trees, rushing streams, starlit footpaths and wildlife. Be prepared for hot or cold, sun or rain as you pack and bring clothing for relaxing, hiking and swimming.
At Far Horizons we are committed to living peacefully with the beauty that surrounds us. We are very sorry, but we allow no pets on the grounds in consideration for others and the wildlife.
Each participant in the programs at Far Horizons is considered family, and, as such, we encourage them to volunteer to help setup before or clean up after 2 meals during their stay. The programs are scheduled so that volunteers have plenty of time to complete their duties before the beginning of each session. When you check in, ask our camp directors about the schedule, so that you can grab your preferred spot.
- Cash, checkbook or credit card for your balance, on-site registration, or other services.
- Clothing for hot and cold weather, relaxing, hiking, swimming and working.
- Personal care items
- Flashlight and spare batteries
- Insect repellent
- Lip balm
- Refillable water bottle
Anything that helps to make sitting more comfortable: lounge chair, stadium seat, cushions
- Yoga mat
- Backpack/fanny pack
- Reading materials
- Battery-powered reading light
- Musical Instruments (drums, guitars, tambourines, or anything that does not require electricity)
- Song books for campfire time
- Outdoor recreation items: frisbees, soccer ball, board games, cards, etc